Support a Fish Trader or Truck Driver!
For $300 we can pilot a gender and context specific program to address the health and mental health needs of one fish trader or truck driver.
The truck driver program will be delivered through WhatsApp peer groups and will include:
1) HIV education
2) COVID related support while truck drivers are in quarantine upon their arrival in country
3) emotional coping and problem solving skills to address the impact of ongoing daily stressors
The fish trader program will be delivered both through in-person social distanced groups and WhatsApp groups, and will include:
1) HIV education and condom negotiation
2) emotional coping and problem solving to address the impact of ongoing daily stressors
3) capital of $100 to start an alternative business in conjunction to fish trading
4) economic/financial literacy and skill building
Help us reach our goal of piloting our program for at least 30 truckers and 30 fish traders!
Please learn about some of the strengths and challenges of the migrants we work with below.
(Please note that the names and stories are not representative of real people but are based on qualitative findings and formative research among these populations).